The IBN RUSHD Fund (regd.) publishes an Internet-Journal
for Freedom of Thought
The journal IBN RUSHD FORUM welcomes articles that contribute to a renewal of culture and civilisation, and that encourage and help spread the ideas of freedom, democracy and social justice in the Arab World.
Transformation Processes in the Arab World between Tradition and Modernity
will be the main topic of the first issue. Articles with reference to this topic should be sent to the below stated address.
General Publication Rules:
1. Articles should be written according to academic norms, i.e. sources have to be included and reliable (author's name, title of article/book, place of publcation, publishing house, year of publication).
2. Publication of a submitted article is subject to the following criteria: academic objectivity, accuracy, reliability of the sources. New ideas and a bold perspective on how things are, and how they should be, are more than welcome.
3. If in any way obtainable, articles should be written by means of one of the usual word processing programmes and then submitted to the journal via e-mail or floppy disc. This way, copying mistakes can be avoided and the publishing procedure can be speeded up.
4. The article should not excede 3000 words.
5. Additionally, the journal publishes reports on conferences or meetings that are of interest to the fund. Reports on politics and society are also welcome. All of these articles, however, should not contain more than 600 words.
6. Furthermore, the journal welcomes book reviews. They should not contain more than 750 words. On the top of the page, the author's name, the title of the book, place of publication, publishing house and year of publication should be clearly stated. Also, please give the number of pages. A review should contain a short summary of the book's content and an analysis of the author's main theses/views. Also, the reliability of the sources and the force of the argument should be looked at. If possible, a copy of the bookcover as well as a photograph of the author of the book should be included in the review.
7. Along with the article, report or review, please send a short curriculum vitae. Please do at least incude your name, profession and city/country.
8. The journal is not able to pay the contributors for the submitted articles in any way.
9. Rejected articles will not be sent back to the author. The editors are not obliged to state their reasons for rejecting an article.
10. The author of the article will be informed of the editors's decision within two months after submitting the article.
11. The editors retain the right to formally change the material to be published. A text may also be shortened without altering the content.
12. Opinions in the texts published are not necessarily those of the editors.
Zurueck zur ersten Seite des ForumsIBN RUSHD regd.